Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This Just In - Google Maps Get a Sense of Humor

If you've never seen this before, you so have to try it. Get directions from New York to Paris at Google Maps and hilarity ensues.

1) Go to Google

2) Click "Maps"

3) Click "Get Directions" (third item under the search bar)

4) Type "New York" into the start address box

5) Type "Paris" into the end address box

6) Click "Get Directions"

7) Scroll down to direction #24

Somebody at Google Maps has a sense of humour I guess. That's all I'm going to say.
-----
Yesterday I was housesitting for my Aunt Mary and my cousin James brought me over some lunch from Wendy's. He comes into the upstairs office and since he is clinically incapable of entering any environment without changing it, he just had to fiddle with the blinds. Of course one of the blinds came down and wouldn't go back up. I told him he'd better fix it before Mary got back and he says, "What are you going to do if I don't. Put it in your blog?"

My new threat. Do anything stupid and I'll put it in my blog. He envisioned a family dinner where everyone was afraid to speak because no one wanted to be the one who ended up in my blog. Ha ha! Now I have real power...
-----
Next Post: The Great Explosion of '82

Previous Post: What Are You, Pregnant?
-----

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emember on a previous post you said Mary would not take you back to that French restaurant. If you don't fix her blind you won't be invited back to her house either.

T. D. Fuhringer said...

Ha ha! Funny thing is, I'm here at Mary's again today. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok so I tried the Google thing and it makes you cross the Atlantic at the same point. I tried all kinds of locations. The fastest way from St. Johns to London is through the states too... Don’t make me put you in my blog!

T. D. Fuhringer said...

Ha ha anonymous! You're anonymous to everyone but me. There's only one person who would threaten me with "Don't make me put you in my blog."

Anonymous said...

Um, don't you mean scroll down to direction #24, Teddy?

T. D. Fuhringer said...

Hmm... I could have sworn the funny line was at direction 23 yesterday. Now it's at 24. Very odd. Thanks for the heads-up!